Thursday, July 19, 2007

I know I'm a runner now

I spent this evening doing yard work, which I somewhat hate now because our lawn is so gross. But I felt I had to, as my father-in-law told us we needed to mow our weeds earlier this week (no joke!!). So I gave it the old college try after Tim got home from work. I mowed and weed whacked so now all my weeds are the same length as the dead grass. Fabulous. But at least it looks better from a distance. And it looks MUCH better than our neighbor's lawn, which is now like a jungle because no one is ever there to tend it. At least they have an excuse, I guess.

Anyway, as I was finishing up, I decided to pull some weeds in the front by the road. As I was yanking them out, two guys ran by. I think they tried to say something to me, but I couldn't hear them over my iPod. But for a second I seriously wanted to throw down the weeds and join them!! And I wasn't even wearing my running shoes. LOL! I guess that makes me hard-core, huh? ;-)

I have a run slated for tomorrow and today was technically a day off (despite the torturous yard work). Happy Thursday night, everyone!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

LOL yup that definitely makes you a runner. Any normal person would rather keep plugging away at the weed pulling hehe

Jason The Running Man said...

Ahh...yard work! I'm right there with ya! By the way Gracie deicided to get up at 4AM THIS MORNING!!

Lori said...

LMAO! I would have loved to see the look on dh's face if you had just tossed the weeds and taken off like a bat outta hell! That makes me think of one of those Nike running commercials! LOL

Mom tried decaf once said...

I love it! That is hard core alright! Next time run after them for a minute just to see what they do!

Laurel said...

Ha! You ARE a runner! Yard work is almost harder than running though!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I am right there with you. Weeds = bad; Run = good fun.

Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com