Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rockin' the two-miler!

*snicker* *chuckle*

Tonight was my first run in a week, and I kept it nice and short since I am still recovering. Two miles was my mental max. I decided to run to the store (the long way) and have Tim bring the kids to pick me up, since I needed to buy a few things (like a huge box of diapers).

I was thinking I would take it nice and slow and just enjoy it. But my legs were so antsy that I ran fast (for me, anyway) and it felt awesome! I also had some cool tunes on my iPod and that helped me keep a good cadence.

My finish time was my second- or third-fastest time for a two-miler yet. If I get fast enough, maybe I can run away from this virus. LOL!

That being said, I can't wait to get back to a "regular" distance run soon. Two miles is not long enough!

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: two miles
Time: 20:24
Pace: 10:12 minute/mile

7 comments:

Wes said...

Wow! You were ansty! Nice pace!!!

Mendy said...

That is a great pace, Michelle! Way to go in going with what you were feeling and not slowing down just because.

I have heard that sometimes running does help take away colds.

Marathoner in Training said...

I am trying to figure out why you did not elect to run home carrying a big box of diapers? That would have shown what a dedicated runner you are. Great job on your couple of miles and at a great pace.

J~Mom said...

That looks awesome Michelle!! Every few months you knock time off of your average!!

David said...

Nice! You'll be back to your normal 5 mile stroller pushes before you know it.

Pokey said...

Dang speedy....nice miles!!!!

And glad you are feeling better :)

Nancy said...

You must be recovering pretty well to run that pace. Awesome!