Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another reason to blog less

So after about three weeks of seriously looking, I landed my first job in the healthcare field today! I applied for a caregiver position at a local assisted living facility, but was offered the position of medical technician. It's a step above caregiver, and pays more, too! They will train me for the job, which is a huge plus. I go in tomorrow for my drug test/physical/fingerprinting. I am beyond excited, but a little nervous too. It's been five years since I've had a full-time job. But the change will be great, and give me a ton of experience before I get into the RN program here.

So if I'm more absent than normal (how that is possible I have no clue), well, you will know why. ;-)

7 comments:

sea legs girl said...

Congratulations on the new job! I'll be thinking of you as you return to full time work. I may not be easy, but that doesn't mean you won't be happy.

I hope you find time to write about it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Caren said...

Congratulations Michelle! I am really happy for you. You'll be great!

Michelle said...

Thanks, guys!!

SLG, I really enjoy reading about your adventures in Europe!!!! Sounds like things are divine for you, despite the ass-kicking mountaineering race you did. You're a stud!! :-)

Nikki said...

oh my gosh Michelle, that is a BIG change! Congrats to you :D
I hope you got your daycare all squared away and are ready to roll! Have fun :D

Laurel said...

Oooh! That's so great! Congratulations!!!

prashant said...

I hope you find time to write about it!

Work From Home