Friday, December 26, 2008

Post-Christmas splurge

It's not often that I truly splurge on something. I tend to be a cheapskate for most things, including clothing and shoes for myself.

Well, not today. I just spent a cool dime (LOTS of them) on some new boots. I have been DYING for a pair of nice boots to keep my feet warm and dry this winter. I live in an area where rain is the norm this time of year, and my old running shoes (which have been retired to run-around-town shoes) just don't cut it when there are puddles out. So I used some of my Christmas money to buy these:



They're Uggs boots, the Endell model. They are so cute!! I had to order them online, since I can't find a size 11 in the stores to save my life. But that's OK, since the shipping was free. I can't wait to get them!! *happy dance*

I have a run planned for tomorrow. It's supposed to be raining. I bought myself a warm hat today for running, so I guess I'll just have to bundle up. :-)

So, what did YOU get for Christmas?


**COMING BACK TO ADD**

I finally registered for the Shamrock'n Half Marathon in Sacramento in March!! Now it's time to get serious about the training!! :-)

2 comments:

Casey said...

Good luck w/ your training! Cute boots! I love them. Hope they are comfortable! I got a new pair for Christmas, too. They are "Simple" brand, and are made from renewable resources/biodegradable materials. They are like wearing flipping slippers (also size 11). :)

J~Mom said...

YAY for a Christmas splurge!! :>)