Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We're home

We are home from our vacation.

We had a wonderful time. I really liked Austin and wished we would have been able to spend more time there than we did.

The kids had a blast with their other set of grandparents.

Yesterday was a long one. We drove home from Auburn, which took about 6 1/2 hours. Then I spent another 4 1/2 hours in class. I was dog tired after all of that. But of course I stayed up late and then got up early this morning, so I am dog tired again.

But I did manage a run today. The weather is feeling more like winter here than fall. It was cold, cloudy and rainy today. It really reminded me of how the weather was when I started running last November. Today's run was at 6 p.m., so I barely had enough daylight to finish by. Last November, I ran past houses adorned with Christmas lights and decorations. Tonight, I ran past houses adorned with orange and purple Halloween lights and decorations. Kinda cool. I do love this time of year, even if I am much slower in my running. And the cold does seem to slow me down a little.

Oh, and I will leave you guys with a pic from our vacation. Tim and I tailgated with his sister, her husband John and some of their friends before the UT vs. Nebraska game (UT won 28-25) and had to take the obligatory "hook 'em" photo. And we're wearing matching shirts. Awwww.....



Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 2.3 miles
Time: 25:29
Pace: 11:05 minute/mile

8 comments:

Marcy said...

For some reason I can't see the pic?!? Probably my POS comp *sigh*

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Wes said...

Welcome home! Good idea to blend in with the natives. I hear those Texans are ornery during football season ;-)

Nancy said...

Wow, you ran after all that? You're doing awesome!!

Welcome back! I'm glad you survived the ornery Texans too!

David said...

Glad you made it back safe. Sounds like one heck of a long day you had. Nice determination, though!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Great run, I bet the colored lights were nice.

TU football....I should have sent you Aggie shirts to wear...then maybe Nebraska would have won....I'm always rooting for anyone that plays Texas...anyone...

Becky said...

I told you Randy was an Aggie.

Mendy said...

Welcome Home! Sounds like a nice vacation!! Great picture too.

Laurel said...

Awww, so cute! Glad to hear you had a great time! :)