Monday, January 14, 2008

In just a few hours...

...it will be one year since I started this little ol' blog.

Wow. Time flies!

I looked back at some of my old posts the other day. I giggled when I read how excited I was to run three miles for the first time. Now three miles is a short run for me. It's nice to see how far I've come since last January.

I did a strength training/stationary bike workout today. I have started breaking it into segments, akin to circuit training. I do 10 minutes on the bike, the strength training exercises (with no pause in between each exercise), another 10 minutes on the bike, another strength training round, and then one last 10 minute stint on the bike. It really gets the sweat going and the heart pumping. And it's a lot more exciting than riding the bike straight for 30 minutes. So I think I will keep doing it this way for a while.

Today's stats:
Strength training:
butterfly, crunches, kneeling kickback (for triceps), oblique twist, one-leg squat, seated curl, rear deltoid raise: 2 sets of 10 reps each

Bike:
Time: 30 minutes
Distance: 7.64 miles

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats on a year of fitness and blogging!! I'm so glad I found you. :D

Marathoner in Training said...

That is one great year you have had. Keep up the great work, you are a champion.

Wes said...

Happy bloggiversary! Great workouts too, especially the candy fest :-)

Unknown said...

Nice job with the blog and with the workouts! Can you keep it up for another year...

David said...

Yay, Michelle! Funny when you look back at one year prior and think of all the changes and experiences. Sounds like you have come a very long way, and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Good for you! And with workouts like that, you'll be in superhero shape before long.

Did I miss the dreadmill update? Is it toast, or on the "to do" list? Hope it can be recovered.

Mendy said...

Happy Bloggiversary!!! You've done so well in your year of blogging and fitness! I've really enjoyed reading your blog!