Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The run that almost didn't happen

I did manage a run today, but a series of events almost kept it from happening.

First, Tim came home sick around 9 a.m. He had only been at work an hour when they sent him home. I was trying to get Matty to nap at the time, but that ended up not happening.

Then I had to pick up Kara from school. We went looking for new outdoor light fixtures, as one of ours wasn't working anymore and they were rusting and paint was peeling off of them. We found one that I really liked, and were able to buy two, but I had to get a rain check for the other two I need.

I ended up installing the two I bought and Kara helped me. Matty was sleeping and Tim was resting in bed. Then I realized my stupid dog, Spike, wasn't with me anymore. I had left the garage door open since I was going in and out getting tools, and the little jerk managed to slip away when I wasn't paying attention. So I quickly finished the job of installing the second light and then Kara and I took off on foot to look for Spike. It took us about 20 minutes, but we finally tracked him down about .20 mile away. Jerk.

By the time this was said and done, it was 4:30 already. We are expecting a series of big storms starting tomorrow, so I knew I had to get a run in before the bad weather hit. So I hastily changed and took off. It was pretty decent, although kinda slow. I think I needed a slow run after the stressful afternoon I had.

Today's stats:
Distance: 3.59 miles
Time: 40:02
Pace: 11:08 minute/mile


Wes said...

Hmmm. That's about how fast my run was last night. I didn't think I was slow :-) I think that's ROCKIN :-) :-)

Marathoner in Training said...

That is what my pace is. Are you implying that I am slow? Good run, and maybe take the dog with you some time, and wear him out.

Jason The Running Man said...

Awesome job getting the run in with all that going on! Your not slow!

Non-Runner Nancy said...

I have a similar jerk dog!! And, SHE was the one throwing up over the holidays. God, it was disgusting. She ate a whole bag of chocolates. At least she didn't die. My kids would have been upset. :D