Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bloggity blog blog

So I couldn't come up with a catchy headline. So sue me.

Today was an interval workout at the track. Tim and the kids went along, but they ended up playing basketball and playing on the swings while I ran.

I took Garmin with me this time. I walked the first lap to get warmed up and figure out where I was going to start and finish each interval. Garmin told me it was .11 miles from where I picked to start to the marker around the bend of the track. That is a little less than 200 meters, but I am OK with that.

The first interval felt kinda difficult. Probably because my legs weren't really warmed up yet. I wasn't sure how many I was going to do, but I had a whole 1/2 lap of walking after each interval to recover, so it wasn't that bad.

I ended up doing eight intervals tonight. In all (walking and running) I covered 2 1/4 miles on the track. Not too shabby!

Today's stats:
Running distance: .11 miles x 8

Splits:
Interval 1: 1.01 minute
Interval 2: 56 seconds
Interval 3: 54 seconds
Interval 4: 54 seconds
Interval 5: 56 seconds
Interval 6: 56 seconds
Interval 7: 55 seconds
Interval 8: 55 seconds

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job with the intervals. I'm really impressed with how consistant your times were all the way to the end.

Marcy said...

That's GREAT Michelle!! I'd probably do 1 and then want to go home LMAO!

J~Mom said...

Great job! I am loving running intervals!

Nikki said...

oh look at those negative splites!

Great job!

Sonia said...

nice split!!! =) Great work!