Saturday, May 31, 2008

Looking forward to the future

Tonight was filled with happy thoughts about my future.

I am so glad I am pursuing this career in nursing. I know I have a long way to go, but I really feel like this is what I was supposed to do with my life. I never felt this positive or good about getting my journalism degree all those years ago. I am definitely excited about nursing school (when I get in -- still have two pre-reqs to go) and I can't wait to be an RN so I can truly help people. What a change in perspective from the world of journalism, where everyone is convinced you, as a reporter, are out to get them and make lives miserable.

Anyway, I had lots of warm fuzzy thoughts while using the elliptical tonight. Maybe it's the endorphins talking, but things look bright for me and my family. It's a nice feeling. :-)

We're going to a birthday party in the morning. It starts at 9 a.m. and it's a 20-minute drive for us. Geez, that is unnaturally early for a Sunday party! They'd better have cake!

Oh, and anyone needing a good laugh should check out David's blog entry about farts. Seriously. It's a gas. ("Boo!!! Hiss!!!! Get the hook!!!")

Today's stats:
Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes (body toning program)

1 comment:

Mendy said...

So glad you're happy with the road to nursing! It really helps when you have an idea of what you want to be when you grow up, huh? :-)