Monday, June 2, 2008

This weather is making my head hurt

Today is the first day we've seen sunshine since we came home last Monday. The weather has been a gloomy mix of clouds, fog and cool temperatures. My head has been aching because of it. I think part of it is my allergies, too, but I've been taking my allergy medicine and my head has still been hurting.

I scrapped my weekend run yesterday. I took Kara to a birthday party at 9 a.m. (WAAAAAY too early for ANY kind of party, IMO, and the cake didn't make up for it because I didn't eat any; however I will add we DID have fun at the party and it was for two of the neatest eight-year-old twin girls I know) and then we spent most of the day in Eureka. It was a fun Mommy/daughter outing. By the time I got home and unloaded the van, I was wiped. I took a nap. I think I really needed it. When I woke up, it was dinner time and I was starving, so the run took a backseat.

I am planning a nice three-miler later this evening and one on Wednesday. There's no reason to do a long run before my race on Saturday, since it's only two miles. Practically a sprint.

Today's stats (so far):
Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes (body toning program 2)

6 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

I hear you sister. Bob and I were trying to decide if my head issues were because of my allergies today. The 2 mile race sounds like fun!!!

Did you ever read about my 5K? I know you were away when I raced it. Just reminding you in case ;)

J~Mom said...

A 9 am party? Eek!! I hope your head feels better soon!

Mary Gee said...

Hope you are feeling better.

Marcy said...

I was thinking the same thing! 9am?!? Wow, that's different LOL

Marathoner in Training said...

What were they thinking with a 9am party, they need to have their head checked. Good luck on your runs.

Running Jen said...

Wow, 9am does seem early for a party! Hope you're feeling better