Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sorry, Erin!!

I was tagged by Erin eons ago, but I have been putting the blog on the back burner the past few days due to 1) illness (mine and the kids) and 2) school, which started in earnest yesterday. I have school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for 4 1/2 hours a day until August 6.

Anyway, I am taking a few minutes to tie up loose ends here because the kids are down for rest/nap time. So here are the questions I must answer, since I have been tagged:

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Well, 10 years ago I had just graduated from college for the first time and still had a buff bod thanks to two years on the rowing team. I still ran several times a week, although there really was no rhyme or reason to it then. I wasn't training for anything anymore and wasn't into running races yet. I also wasn't into keeping track of all the stats I keep now, such as mileage, pace, etc. That is a recent obsession on my part.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

My best race experience was when I ran my first HM last month. The sense of accomplishment I had as I crossed the finish line was something I had never experienced before. Worst experience? Crossing that damn raging river during this year's Trinidad to Clam Beach Run, for sure!

3. Why do you run?

Because I love the runner's high. LOL. It makes me feel like a track star when in reality I am anything but.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?

The best advice was to not skimp on running shoes! Having good running shoes makes SUCH a difference! I can't think of any bad advice, really.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

I hate wearing dresses! I have never liked my legs, and I can't cover them in a dress, so I always wear pants.

So that's it, folks!

I am planning on a track run after Tim gets home. It is long overdue! I did work out this morning, too.

**EDIT**

I did go running at the track this evening. I only did two miles, as it has been a while since my last run and I am still recovering from my injury. Thank goodness I went to the track, as I believe my Garmin is officially dead. I made sure he was plugged in all night, and was still plugged in when I plucked him off the stand (he said "battery charging complete" so I figured it was OK). But when I tried to turn him on when I arrived at the track ... nothing. No signs of life at all. So I need to contact the company to find out how to get him fixed. Until I do, I am thinking I'll be seeing more of the track.

Today's stats:
Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes

Run:
Distance: two miles
Time: don't know

3 comments:

Mary Gee said...

So many secrets revealed - unlike your legs...

Erin Leigh said...

No prob chica!! Glad you got around to it.

I didn't realize your class was so long every day!! That has to be tough.

J~Mom said...

Have you tried resetting your Garmin? I have heard that works when it dies.