Monday, June 9, 2008

Need advice about my "girls" from my girls

I had a nice workout today. A lot of it was meant to be "recovery" from that race on Saturday. The weather was nice and warm when I went out for my run this afternoon. The coastal fog rolled in during the last 30 minutes and it will be getting chilly again.

Anyway, I need some advice from my xx chromosome peeps here. (*note* If you don't feel comfortable reading about a certain part of a women's anatomy, stop here. Likewise, if you thoroughly enjoy reading about a certain part of a women's anatomy, stop here).

That being said, I have an issue with my "ladies" when I run. These darn things bounce around like water balloons under my shirt, and I am getting tired of it. They're not even that big -- a basic C cup -- but they seem to be move "active" when I run now than before. What is the deal with that? I have resorted to wearing two sports bras at once to help with the jiggling, but I don't want to do that forever.

So, my fellow chesty runners, I need your help. Has anyone found a really good sports bra they can recommend? I really want something that will hold them in place but not make me feel like I am being suffocated at the chest. I personally don't care what they look like. It could be the butt-ugliest bra ever, as long as it works well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :-)

Today's stats:
Bike:
Time: 20 minutes
Distance: 5.03 miles

followed by a run:
Distance: four miles
Time: 46:36
Pace: 11:36 minute/mile

6 comments:

Becky said...

Moving Comfort all the way. I love mine and my friend with DD said this brand is the first sports bra that actually stopped movement.

J~Mom said...

I love my "Frog" bra from Title Nine. Totally smooshes them!

Megan Hall said...

I've tried them all except the Enell (which gets great reviews). I like the Frog, Glamourise (also from T9), and the Bendon Sport Max. Actually, this reminds me I need to add another DD review.

Erin Leigh said...

Great idea!!!

This is the one I use for running. I need to order more cause it is the best I have found so far. I will have to look into the Frog now that I am reading this.

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_MaximumSupport-Champion/CH1693.aspx

And you already saw that I tagged you. Was too tired to come around to tell everyone last night!

Caren said...

I second the Moving Comfort comment. I have the MC "Fiona" and I LOVE it. I am a DD and it really keeps the girls in place so it should work for you too. I'll have to check out some of these other recommendations because I definitely need another sports bra.

Sonia said...

Very chesty here, DD cup... not fun. I haven't fun anything better than Brooks ones, which have now discontinued some models as they are developping the 'Moving Comfort' brand instead. Echo'ing what others have said: it is a good non-bouncing bra! With or without the metal thing underneath.

...I've been MIA but will update my blog soon....