Friday, January 26, 2007

It's almost go time!

Tomorrow is the big day! After two months of training, I will be doing my first race in years. I am excited, but nervous too. I know it will all be fine in the end, though.

I had this bizarre dream last night about the race. First of all, the race transformed from a running race to a swimming race. In the ocean, nonetheless. Three miles of swimming. Mind you, I am NOT a swimmer. So I asked my dad (in the dream) if I could borrow a life jacket because there's no way in hell I could swim three miles without something holding me up. He said no. What??!! So I spent literally hours (in dream time, not real time) looking for either a life jacket or kickboard I could hold onto in the water. I finally found a kickboard for sale at this weird flea market-type sale, but the lady wanted $150 for it!! So I didn't get that, either. I finally looked at my watch and realized I missed the start time for the race. That morphed into me looking for my car so I could get my kids. Strange. So I'm hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow and I actually make it to the starting line on time. ;)

Tonight I go to pick up my race packet. I can't wait to see the T-shirt. I'm hoping the strap for my timing chip fits around my huge ankles (cankles, if you will) . Even when I was thinner, my ankles have been a problem. I remember one regatta I went to while on the rowing team. We had to wear a plastic band around our ankles to get into the venue. Guess whose band didn't fit around their ankle? Yep, mine. I had to wear it on my wrist. Talk about embarrassing!!!!

OK, enough rambling for now. The hubby, kids and I are planning on spending tonight at his parents' house because it's 30 minutes closer to the race course than our house is. That means I won't have access to the Internet until sometime Saturday afternoon when we get home. I'll post a race report then. :)

Oh, if anyone's interested, here's a link to the race I'm running tomorrow:
www.trinidadtoclambeach.com/index.htm

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes!! That was a funny dream!! You are going to do great!