Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Marathon

Geez, that's a scary word.

Why am I so intimidated by it? Maybe because I know it's 26.2 miles. That's a lot.

But here I am, contemplating whether I want to try my first marathon in May.

OMG. What am I thinking?

Maybe it's because I'm starting to feel good about running again. I've had a pretty good month so far and have been sticking to my HM training plan.

Maybe it's because I want a (HUGE) challenge.

Maybe I am nuts.

But whatever. I am mulling over throwing my hat in the ring for the marathon at the Avenue of the Giants. If I chicken out, I still have the HM. I would hope if I decide to go for it (and train for it) that I won't chicken out!!

So for those of you who have run a full marathon before, how hard of a choice was it to commit to it? Was it worth it? Would you do it again? I guess I just need some advice from people who have been there, done that.

Yesterday's stats:
Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 3.75 miles

7 comments:

Run Mommy said...

After I registered for my first..I had days where I thought " I can do it!" and other days where I decided not too.. It is not easy to train with kids the payoff is soooo worth it. :) Good luck!

Marcy said...

It wasn't a hard decision for me because I immediately wanted to do one after my first HM. It IS a challenge but, you've already covered half the distance before, right? What's another half?

Jack Cabbage said...

Awesome. Good luck!

Rookie on the Run said...

I just signed up for my first marathon... and I've wondered a few times since if I'm nuts. I was going to start with a HM but decided if I can do 13 miles, I can shoot for 26. :D

Sonia said...

I was also trainig for a half when in the middle of the training plan I went for the full. A quick decision that I never regretted. Still my best running memories so far. Love the challenge!! You will love it too ;-)

Laurel said...

Do it. Do it. Do it...

And you will not chicken out. Just do it!

It's a total challenge and the training takes a lot of dedication and time. But it is totally worth it and will change your life. Besides, it's only a few months. You can sleep and have a life after you have that medal around your neck :)

Laurel said...

P.S. You can eat all you want while training. That was the final selling point for me ;)