Monday, August 27, 2007

Big thanks, you guys!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my dear running buddies, for making me feel better after that last post! You guys are seriously the best!! :-)

Tonight I went back to school for the first time in nearly 10 years. It's still hard to believe that it has been so long since I graduated (May 1998 to be exact). I am taking one biology class this semester to get my feet wet again. It's a good thing, because it looks like it might be slightly more difficult than I expected. We have to do a semester project and present it to the class in December. The last biology class I took (pretty sure it was either 1994 or 1995) didn't require any kind of project, so I was a little surprised to learn of this tonight. Well, I am ready to tackle whatever this teacher (note for Lynn: her name is Jen Westenberg, if you're reading this) throws at me.

Anyway, Mondays are my "short" night, with only an hour of lecture. Wednesdays will be the test, as I will have an hour of lecture, a 1/2 hour break, and then nearly three hours of lab. I hope the labs will be interesting enough that the time will fly by, because I have had boring labs before (Sierra College, chemistry, fall 1993, before I went away to university. Ugh) and they suck. This teacher seems pretty cool though, so I bet it will be OK.

She did assign some reading, so I completed it while riding the stationary bike tonight. Consequently, my pace suffered. That's OK. Two birds, one stone.

Today's stats:
Bike:
Time: 40 minutes
Distance: 10.2 miles

6 comments:

David said...

Holy cow, I don't know how you read something you had to pay attention to while on the bike. Between the riding and the sweating, I don't think I could do it.

Mendy said...

My hat is off to you! That's a lot of school and dedication to it! I have enough problem completing a 8wk online class, with lots of reading, easy tests, and easy assignments. Sounds like you're excited about it!!

Great job on your biking!! Are you doing it on a trainer/indoor cycle or outside? When I get back, I really need to up the mileage on the bike...

Wes said...

Hmmmm. I wonder if I could read while riding the bike outside? Nah, better not try it :-) You are all over this fun stuff aren't ya? Running, back to school, great family. You rock!!!

Lori said...

I don't think I could read anything that would take any real brain power on the bike either. Sounds like things are getting super busy at your house!

Nancy said...

Hey, I am so psyched for you going back to school. I went back and got my doctorate after graduating college in 1990 - had two babies, moved, took a new job, and had to do rotations. My advice, one day at a time, and just put your dues in and get through it. You will be so proud at the end and it will have flown by!!

Dr. Bell :) I don't use that very often but seemed appropriate. YOU GO GIRL!!

Laurel said...

Congrats Michelle!!! You are doing so well! Is there anything you can't do?!?