Thursday, June 21, 2007

Busy day!

So I actually got quite a bit of exercise today, and none of it was the running kind!! LOL!

First, the kids and I went on a 2.5 mile walk. Kara did walk some of it with me (maybe 3/4 of a mile) and she kept wanting in and out of the stroller. As we were heading home and passing near a subdivision, we saw a girl on a pony that was being led by her mother. It's not every day you see someone riding a pony in that area, so we stopped so Kara could see. The mother called across the street to us, asking if Kara would like to see Rocky (the pony) up close. I said sure, and they came over. Rocky was very cute and let me pet him. Kara got shy all of a sudden and decided she didn't want to touch him. The mom and I had a nice conversation and then went ourseparate ways. Naturally, just after we departed Kara started babbling about how she wants to grow up so she can ride a pony. Oh, and her pony will be a brown female named Brownie, she added. LOL!!!

After Tim got off work, we took the kids to the park. Kara now loves the "big kid" section, which includes some taller slides than the toddler park. About a year ago, she managed to catapult herself over the side of one of those bigger slides, landing head-first on the ground. Of course, for months after she kept bringing that incident up. But now she loves those big slides, and since I've lost quite a bit of girth in my lower half through running, I can go down the slides with her! I fit and I have a little room to spare! Back when I started this crazy running journey in November, my large butt would not have fit on the plastic slide at all. Talk about a cool milestone!

This evening, Kara and I headed outside to pull some weeds. We had some HUGE ones growing in the front yard. They were almost as tall as Kara was. As you know, I have allergies and have been trying to avoid yard work because everything outside really affects my sinuses. But this time I felt I had to get those weeds out, especially since Tim's parents came by right before and saw them. It was a little embarrassing. But it is very hard for me to do yard work when Tim is not here because Matty insists on putting EVERYTHING in his mouth and I can't turn my back for even a second (that kid is quick!). So I slaved away pulling those horrendous weeds for about 50 minutes. At least Kara had fun, digging in the flower bed dirt and collecting ladybugs (or as she calls them, "Leggybugs").

After I got Kara bathed and ready for bed, I rode the bike for 20 minutes. I wanted to do it longer, but then I realized I hadn't even had dinner yet!! Still haven't, actually! Maybe I should!

Today's stats:
Walk: 2.5 miles
Weeds: 50 minutes of pulling and digging them out
Time: 20 minutes
Distance: 5.43 miles


Randy said...

Michelle, those are great milestones and you should be proud of your success...the exercise, while it might not have been running it was an effort it sounds like....way to go.

Wes said...

Keep it up, and we'll be able to fit two of ya, side by side, on that slide :-) Maybe if you wrap the lower half of your face in duct tape you won't breath in the pollen. Wait a minute. That won't work for obvious reasons. I'll be back with something better ;-)

J~Mom said...

Sounds like a great day to me!! that is so awesome about the slide!