Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hit and miss

Geesh, I have been sporadic lately with the working out. I didn't get a chance to run all weekend because I was still feeling like crapola and I had a ton of things to do. This being sick thing is for the birds. It has been wicked awful trying to act like a normal human being while feeling like I am going to die because my head is so stuffed up.

But luckily I think I am really starting to kick this illness. I ran tonight and it was pretty good. I've found that even though I haven't worked out as often as I want recently, I have been putting more intensity into these workouts, which is a trade-off I can live with, for now anyway.

Switching gears, I got my score for my first practical exam that we took more than a week ago. Our professor warned us that this test is the one students usually do the worst on, but it's OK because our lowest test score is automatically dropped. I got 83 out of 100, a B, which I was fairly happy with. A lot of people did a lot worse than I did. It was a hard test, with some tricky questions that I missed. But life goes on and I am sure I will do better on the next test.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 37:30
Pace: 10:42 minute/mile

5 comments:

J~Mom said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Are you taking anything (like allergy medicine) to make sure you don't keep getting sick? Does the doc know why you keep getting sick?

Marcy said...

I know what you mean by the sickness. Geez it seems like every couple weeks this house is sick. Uggghhhh. Glad you're feeling better though!

Bethany said...

I just got over being sick too! Nasty that.

I know I've been a bad, bad blogger lately. But I have really just been looking for something to really inspire me. I think I found it!

Come and visit my freshly remodeled blog please??? Well you're invited :) So is everyone else!

RunnerGirl said...

I'm in the middle of the sickness right now and it stinks. Spring can't get here soon enough!

Nancy said...

The sickness is definitely for the birds. So how come we keep gettin it? Stupid birds.

Glad you got some miles in. :D Nice job staying on the test. Very respectable. Great attitude!