Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I'll take 'Ear Infections' for $200, Alex"

Yes, it's true. After weeks of battling rogue viruses, one after another, both of my kidlets have ear infections.

This officially marks the first time either has had an ear infection. Matty has it in both ears (which also explains the green goop oozing from his poor little eyes the past few days), and Kara has it in her right. After the doctor announced it, I secretly did a happy dance inside because I knew the kids would be getting antibiotics and that there was hope after all that they would feel better someday soon.

I decided to run to Walgreens to pick up their prescriptions this evening. Both kids were down for the count and I left just as Tim came home. I felt like I was in a fog for the first half mile or so. Maybe I was wishing I was asleep on the couch (I'm still sick, too. Maybe I have an infection....). But I eventually woke up and the run was pretty good.

At Walgreens, the pharmacy tech had some problems figuring out my insurance card. In her defense, it is the lamest, most confusing insurance card I have ever had. She eventually had to call the insurance number and she did get it all figured out, but I wasted about 20 minutes waiting while she did it. I seriously hate burning daylight like that. She finally gave me the meds -- four enormous bottles of pink liquid -- and sent me on my way. I ran home as darkness set in, grabbed a flashlight and ditched the meds, and headed back out for my last half mile.

I have a race on Sunday, but I'm not really excited about it at this point. Maybe I will get more amped as we get closer to race day. I know I can PR in this one, probably easily, despite the illness I have.

OK, gotta go. Someone's crying. Fun.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: three miles
Time: 32:37
Pace: 10:52 minute/mile

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. You don't want the doc to find anything wrong but at the same time some medicine would sure be nice!! I have taken Isaac in before and then felt "bummed" when it was just a virus. LOL I hope everyone feels better and that you can do the race on Sunday!

Wes said...

Have a great race this weekend! Hope the kiddos feel better (and you find a little excitement at the starting line ;-)