Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thanks to everyone...

...who has given me input so far on what to take to a HM. It really helps a lot!

I am just worried about this race and how many aid stations they will have. I heard somewhere that there are aid stations every three miles. That sounds really spread apart to me. I want to take the fuel belt with me in case I need something and am too far away from a station, know what I mean?

If anyone else has any input, please let me know! :-)

I did run today. It was OK, except for the fact the blisters on my feet aren't fully healed and got re-aggravated today. Ugh. I need to get rid of these damn things! Any advice?

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 38:28
Pace: 11 minutes/mile

4 comments:

Wes said...

I've never had any blisters, so popping them and ripping the skin off is probably not good advice :-) Maybe you could track down an ultrarunner's blog and look there, cause they have to deal with blisters while racing. There is some tape you can put over them to keep them safe while running. A little research on google might have some answers.

J~Mom said...

Do you put body glide on your feet? It helps me!

RunnerGirl said...

I'd need hydration more often than every three miles, so I'd be sportin that fuel belt for sure. Good luck with the blisters!

Mendy said...

I haven't had blisters too. But, have you tried those socks that have toe seperation? They are for help with blisters.

As far as the HM, I've done them where there were tons of water stations, so I knew that going into it that I would have fuel or water when needed. If you're concerned, better to take it with you and not need it than to be thirsting for water, and dragging yourself an extra mile or 2 before you get your water.