Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring fever

I think the kids and I have it.

We spent hours outside again today, this time playing bubbles and throwing balls with cousin Garrett. I'm glad I cleaned our yard up because it's much nicer to be in now. I still have stuff to do, but it's not the mess it was a few weeks ago.

I was able to run this evening. I am so glad to have the extended daylight! I am just not a morning person so running in the morning is akin to torture for me. But evening runs are beautiful in the spring. I feel so alive when I run in the evening.

I actually ran my third mile tonight in 9:59! It's the first sub-10-minute mile I've had in a while. Niiiiiiiiice. But the truth is I started running faster in that mile because there were some seriously creepy guys walking where I was running and I was basically fleeing. Maybe I should run around creepy people all the time. ;-)

I will be childless starting tomorrow until Friday (thanks to the grandparents). Good thing, since I have some serious studying to do Thursday in the cadaver lab at school. Our next practical exam is next week already! But I definitely plan a nice run (possibly a long one) on Thursday, too.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 37:52
Pace: 10:49 minute/mile

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Nice job!! That reminds me of when Karen was running from a skunk! LOL

Nancy said...

I'm just catching up after a busy week. Looks like you have gotten outside quite a bit. I think we're all ready!! Nice work on the exams and studying. You always ROCK!!

Take care and good luck with the studying.