Saturday, February 17, 2007

Four miles! Yeah baby!

Today was my long run. Four miles. I haven't run four miles without stopping in probably eight or nine years.

So I headed out before noon and the weather was gorgeous!! Blue skies, lots of sun and REALLY warm. Like in the 60s, which is warm here in the summer! I wore running pants and a T-shirt.

But there's a saying here: If you don't like the weather in Humboldt County, wait five minutes. Well, it took a little longer than five minutes, but about halfway into my run I could see the fog and clouds swoop in as if they were blown by a huge fan. Within a few minutes, we were socked in and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. Ahh, good ol' Humboldt County.

Anyway, I pretty much ran like blazes my first mile. I finished it in 11.24. Oops. I am always telling myself I want to run slower the first mile or so, but it is soooooo hard! I finished the first two miles in 23.56. That is freakin' fast for me! I knew I'd have to slow down in order to not peter out the last half of my run.

So I did just that. I slowed down. And I made it the whole way without stopping. I really wanted to run the four miles in less than 50 minutes, and I did! I beat that by five seconds! Woo hoo!!!

Oh, and I am such a dork and forgot the HR monitor again today. I promise I will try it out next time. The nice weather totally made me space out on it.

Today's stats:

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 49:55 minutes
Pace: 12:29 minute/mile
Best pace (according to my Garmin): 9.20 minute/mile (probably for like 10 seconds or something)

2 comments:

Jason The Running Man said...

Wow, awesome progress. Congrats on the 4 miles. Oh yeah did I mention I'm jealous?

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!!! Speedy woman!!!!!! Awesome job!!!!!!