Monday, February 5, 2007

This is cool!

I have been awfully bummed the past few days due to my back and hip injury. It feels better today and I really want to run. I don't know if I should or not though.

Anyway, that's not the cool thing. I have been weighing myself on a regular basis now to see if the running, combined with eating slightly less than before, are helping with my weight. As of today, I have lost eight pounds since December!! I know, that's not a ton, but I am very happy with that as a start!! My goal is to lose another 20 or so. I know I will get there eventually. If I lose a pound a week, I'll reach my goal by the end of June. Yeah!

I know a sleeker Micki will help my running. And I'm hoping that carrying a little less weight will allow me to reach an immediate goal: consistently running a pace under 12 minutes per mile. I am looking forward to that!

No comments: