Saturday, February 10, 2007

I owe an apology...

...to my treadmill.

Ha ha!

I think I could be guilty of libel after my Thursday night post.

There I wrote that the treadmill was inaccurate when keeping track of my mileage.

Looks like I'm actually the guilty party.

I tested it out last night (without me on it) to see if it would keep proper track of mileage if set to 8 mph. Sure enough, it did.

And tonight I finally ran on it for the first time. Guess what? It kept accurate mileage again.

Come to realize, I had reset the silly thing about 7 minutes into my workout that first night. So I was the one shortchanging myself, so to speak.

Anyway, tonight's run felt great!! I haven't run since Monday, and I didn't want to stress my poor back and hips out. So I only ran two miles and started those off pretty slowly.

The first mile was awkward. I kept wanting to look at my feet to make sure I wasn't stepping off the running surface and to reassure myself I wasn't going to trip and land face-first into the monitor.

Luckily, I did neither. The second mile was much nicer, and I even picked up the pace to an even 12 minute mile for two minutes. That's a little faster than my fastest pace thusfar. And I was able to keep it up!! Then I decided to back it down for 4.8 mpg, and kept it there for the whole second mile.

My back and hip feel really good so far, too. I told Tim that today was the first day in three weeks that I haven't had pain when walking. What an awesome feeling!!!

Today's stats:
Distance: two miles
Time: 26.45
Pace: 13.23 minute/mile

Total distance (including warm-up and cool-down): 3.3 miles
Total time (everything included): 50 minutes

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Awwww...poor treadmill. LOL
I am so glad you are able to run better!!!

Faithful Soles said...

I've been spending time on a stationary bike / elliptical trainer due to a bad shin splint. I still have no idea how to measure what I have and have not done. I'm glad yours is accurate.