Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another morning workout -- DONE!

I didn't wake up quite as early this morning as I wanted to, but I still got my workout done. Today was a stationary bike ride and resistance/strength training. For some reason, it was much harder to wake up early today. I'm hoping that after a week or so, it will be easier to get up. Now that I'm done, I feel totally awake! And that's a good thing, since I'm babysitting today and the little guy will be here in a few minutes.

I am also working on eating better again. I got seriously sidetracked by Christmas and Easter. I have this wicked sweet tooth that I need to curb, and all the candy and sweets available that time of year came back to bite me in the butt. But I am determined this time to get that under control! Yesterday was my first day of eating healthy and it felt really good!

Today's stats:
Bike:
Time: 30 minutes
Distance: 7.18 miles

Resistance training:
overhead pull, crunches, squats, biceps, triceps and seated row: 10 reps X 2 sets

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice work on the morning thing!! I don't even try it. I think I would be setting myself up for failure :P Too many late late nights around here.

YAA HOOOO on the HM sign up. You will do great. I love having something on the calendar.

J~Mom said...

Great job!! It's so hard to get up some days!

RunnerGirl said...

Great job with the morning workout! I think I may attempt one at some point this week, I just don't know if I can handle it though!

Sonia said...

man I need your dedication! Please send a little bit my way!

Marcy said...

Oooohhhh early morning workouts are the best! It's so nice not to have to do them when the kids go to bed.