Thursday, April 24, 2008

A decision has been made!

Thanks for all the input on my treadmill dilemma.

After some thought, I have decided to scrap the treadmill and get an elliptical. It's headed to the dump this weekend.

I have been searching for an affordable elliptical, and have come across a few that are interesting. For those of you who own one, what brand do you have and do you like it? It's always good to get others' opinions.

I have a run scheduled for this evening. It will be the first run in a week, and I am excited! Thankfully, the weather is nicer and I feel pretty good. I'm thinking it will be 3-4 miles, tops. I have my last long run before the HM on Saturday, but I think I'll limit it to eight miles.

Be back later to add stats!

**BACK TO ADD STATS**
Run:
Distance: four miles
Time: 43:33
Pace: 10:53 minute/mile

Rope jumping:
30 sec. of jumping, 30 sec. of rest, for a total of 5:30

6 comments:

Naomi said...

michelle, do you have freecycle.com in your area? i've gotten rid of a lot of things that way; it's only for free stuff and maybe someone wants a slow treadmill? or one they can fix?
yay for the elliptical!

Running Jen said...

I have an elliptical, I got it 3 years ago, and used to up until a year ago when I joined the gym. We still have it though, it's nice to have, and DH uses it.

I have a Pro-Form 820. When I bought it new 3 years ago, I think I paid around $400. I wanted a decent one, not top of the line, but not bottom either. Never had any trouble with it, it does the job.

Good luck shopping for one. I think an elliptical is a good choice for a home machine, for me it was great because I could run outside, but this gave me something a little bit different to do at home.

Marcy said...

I have a Proform one too (I can't remember the number LOL). It does it's job but the readouts are horribly inaccurate LOL

Mary Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

Yeah, go with Marcy. She gets all the best shiz for the McG home gym and day spa. LOL

Probably the best move on the dreadmill. The freecycle.com route could be good, if someone wants to tinker with it.

J~Mom said...

Nice run!! You are so ready for your half!