Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A 5K ... and then some

Today was supposed to be a short run (like two miles), but the weather was so nice that I couldn't help myself and ran a little more than a 5K. I loaded the kids in the stroller and ran to the store. I am always looking for different places to run because I tend to get bored easily. Today's run took us on some of the busier thoroughfares in Fortuna, but that was OK. I felt pretty good pushing that stroller this time around.

So I have another race on Saturday. It's only a two-miler, but I am excited because it is an all-women's race. I am planning one more short run before Saturday and that's it. And my game plan for this race is a little different than for the longer races. Since it is so short (and the course is flat), I am just going to run as hard and as fast as I can. My goal time is 22 minutes. Truth be told, I'll be happy with anything under 22:30, but an even 22 is what I am striving for. I know I usually run faster in races anyway because I allow other runners to sort of pull me along, you know? So I think 22 minutes (11 minute miles) is possible.

Today's stats:

Distance: 3.11 miles
Time: 35:44
Pace: 11:29 minute.mile

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

OOhh what a fun race!! I totally think you will get your 22 min. Maybe even better!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jason The Running Man said...

Run hard and run fast...GO 22!

Sonia said...

You can definitely run 22 mins at that race! You're going to run like a mad girl! =)