Sunday, May 6, 2007

I *AM* a 10K'er!!

I did it! I ran and finished my 10K today!! And boy, did I have a great time doing it!!

I will write a more detailed race report later this evening when I have a chance. I only have a few minutes here, but I can say it went as well as I could have hoped!! The weather was gorgeous, the course was breathtaking, and I felt really good!

I beat my goal handily and posted my fastest race pace to date! Yay for that!!

I saw the results posted at the race, but I didn't write them down. But I did see my overall pace was 11:49 minute/mile, so that means I ran it in 1 hour, 13 minutes, 25 seconds. (I knew it was 1 hour 13 minutes + when I ran under the finish arch thingy, but I was so focused on finishing that I didn't pay too much attention to it) My goal was 1 hour 15 minutes, so I am super-stoked about that!!

OK, be back later to post more. Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone! I can't believe I did it!!!!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Great job!!!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the report! Congrats on the pb's and meeting your goals!

J~Mom said...

Excellent job!!!!! You did it!!! YAY!!!!! Can't wait for all of the details!!!!!!

Jason The Running Man said...

AWESOME...I KNEW YOU WOULD SMOKE IT! CONGRATS ON THE PACE WOW!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!

Laurel said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on a great finish. Can't wait to read all about it.