Wednesday, May 9, 2007

First run after the race

Today was the first run I have done since Sunday's race. I went out thinking I would do two miles, probably around 12-12:05 minute/mile pace. Well, I did take it easy, but it was a lot faster than I thought it would be. But that's good! It means I am definitely improving, especially if the easy runs are now in the 11:30-pace range. Or maybe I am still running on the high from Sunday's race.

That's all for now. Tonight is our big night of television, so off I go to shower and sit on my butt for four hours. :-)

Today's stats:
Distance: two miles
Time: 23:02
Pace: 11:31 minute/mile

Splits:
Mile 1: 11:31
Mile 2: 11:31 (I kid you not, I ran both in the exact same time!!! That almost never happens!!!)

6 comments:

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Very good times Michelle, and on the nose splits....woohoo....

Wes said...

Sounds like the perfect run and perfect night after a big race!!

Marcy said...

Dang you're good!! And pretty darn sweet that you're improving! ;D ;D

Jason The Running Man said...

You deserve to sit on your butt! Great job!

J~Mom said...

Nice splits!! Great job improving!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Michelle - I saw your post about my tables. Email me at aggiedad77@yahoo.com and I'll share with you what I know on how to build them.