Friday, May 18, 2007

The evolution of my running pics

I swore to myself I would never share my first race pic, taken during the Trinidad to Clam Beach three-miler I did in January. The first time I laid eyes on that pic, I was shocked and disappointed. I mean, I didn't realize just how big I looked and how that would translate in a photo. It made me want to gag. I picked apart that photo over and over again in my mind and was really harsh on myself. Really.

But I have officially now lost 20 pounds since November and no longer look as big as I did just a few months ago. So I guess some of the shame is gone and I can now share that first pic. :-)

Here it is, the Trindad to Clam Beach race pic:



And since I'm in a sharing mood, here is my Foggy Bottom Milk Run pic from March:



Of course, I like to compare these two photos to my most recent one, the Avenue of The Giants 10K pic. I can tell a difference in the way I look, and that keeps me motivated.



In case you're wondering, I did wear the same running pants at the Foggy Bottom run and Avenue of the Giants. But in March they were tight, while now they're getting so loose that they are starting to fall down when I run in them.

Thanks for looking. I know I am my own worst critic and probably will be until the day I die.

Just popping on to add my stats for the day. :-)

Bike ride:
Time: 20 minutes
Distance: 5.15 miles
Pace: 3>53 minute/mile

10 comments:

Sonia said...

We all are our worst critics when it comes to pictures!!! 20 lbs, eh?! That'S awesome!! You can really tell from the pics =)

Marcy said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I didn't even look at the bottom pics and was like "Whooooaaaa she lost A LOT of weight!" You look FAB!!!! It's hard seeing pics of yourself at certain times in your life. A week ago I looked at some vid we have after Cam was born. EEkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk talk about packing on major pounds. You've come a long way!!! Definitely something to be proud of!!

Wes said...

You have a lot to be proud of. I enjoy looking at my old pictures to remind me of just how far I've come. Keep up the good work!!

J~Mom said...

Look at you!!!!!!!! You hot momma you look awesome!!! You can really tell how much you have toned up and slimmed down! Way to go!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Michelle you look great in that progression...it's wonderful that you've lost 20 pounds. I've lost about 35 pounds since August '06. It's now very hard to loose any weight, but I've at least maintained over the past 4 months.

Keep up the work....but put some suspenders on the pants if you are going to run in them again...Hey, it's summer so let the legs show....

Jason The Running Man said...

WOW! Amazing Michelle! Great transformation. CONGRATS!

Laurel said...

Ha! I wasn't wondering because I didn't even think they were the same pants! They ARE a lot baggier now.

Looking good girl. Although, I still dont think you looked that big in the first picture. Congratulations on getting healthier!

Michelle said...

20 pounds - woohoo!!!! You look great, and you can totally see the difference in those pics!!!!

Mary Gee said...

You rock! Those race photos are sometimes brutal... but your weight loss is very very evident. Congrats.

Nikki said...

OH Michelle you look great!!!!

I am my worst critic too...so I can emapthize with your feelings.

I get grossed out by photos..but they are inspiring :)

Thanks for sharing those with us!!