Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yet another PR!

Tim and I took the kids to the park after he came home from work. It was really nice out, and a lot of people were taking advantage of it. Kara and Matty played on the swings, then Kara went down the slide a few times. After that, we headed to the adjacent grassy lawn to throw a football around for a few minutes. We had a great time. But the fun ended when I kicked the football and it landed right next to Matty. It bounced into his shoe and he started bawling. Real tears. :-(

I decided to run home from the park. I was wearing a sweatshirt but within about a half mile I had to take it off and tie it around my waist. The cool breeze sure felt good, though! I ran down the main thoroughfare until I got to a subdivision and ran through there instead. By the time I reached my destination, I had only run 2.10 miles. I kept running because I wanted to get three miles in. I yet again broke my PR for three miles and also ran my fastest mile yet! Of course it was the first mile, LOL! But I'll take it.

Today's stats:
Distance: three miles
Time: 34:10 (previous best was 34:23 set on March 20)
Pace: 11:23 minute/mile

Splits:
Mile 1: 10:55 (two seconds faster than previous fastest mile, also set on March 20)
Mile 2: 11:32
Mile 3: 11:41

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Michelle,
I love your blog because you have young kids AND you run exactly my pace. You don't live near Kansas City do you? ;) And to clarify you didn't start that record breaking first mile away from the park the second your son started bawling, right? ;)

Cheers!
Sarah

Unknown said...

Great job! We've been taking advantage of the nice weather with some outdoor time too.

Jason The Running Man said...

Awesome job Michelle...sounded like a good day!

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!! You are the PR queen!

Marcy said...

GREAT JOB Michelle!!! You've been on such a roll!! WHOOO HOOOOO ;D ;D

Nikki said...

What a nice outting! Great run too :)

Great run Michelle..Congrats on a PR!!

Unknown said...

Great job with the run and the bike! You really are making progress.

I'm sure your son was smiling and laughing not two minutes later...aren't kids wonderful?!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Michelle, great job on the PR...but you made it sound like you were running away from Matty because he was crying...you were throwing a football that almost hit him...then he was crying...then you were running...oh and taking your tshirt off to boot...oh the images...giggling...you did great...another fantastic PR...how do you keep doing this things...I need some lessons...way to go