Thursday, May 17, 2007

Once again, the jogging stroller comes out

Tim had to work late tonight, so I ended up doing my run with the kids packed in the jogging stroller. I decided, since he told me he would be having pizza for dinner at work, to run to Ray's Food Place and get a sandwich for myself and Kara at the deli. I haven't run there before until today, but it ended up being a good route.

On the way there I ran down Rohnerville Road, which is more or less a straight shot. On the way back, I opted to run through Strong Creek Estates, one of the local subdivisions. The streets wind around a lot, so it added a bit of mileage, which was nice. And it was quieter than the main thoroughfare. I am quite proud of my pace tonight, especially since I was pushing the stroller again, something I am no longer used to.

Oh, and my hope was that the kids would fall asleep, but no such luck. In fact, Kara, the little stinker she is, ended up throwing her drink cup from the stroller while I wasn't paying attention (she owned up to it already). So now that's lost forever.

Today's stats:
Distance: four miles
Time: 46:11
Pace: 11:33 minute/mile

6 comments:

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Michelle - I'm not going to admit that your pace "with" the stroller is still slightly faster than my normal pace for that distance...blushing...did I just say that?

Marcy said...

That's a kick ass pace to be running with a stroller!! Just walking with a darn stroller is hard enough (and I'm just talking with 1 kid in tow LOL) GREAT JOB!!!!

Wes said...

Nice job! It's funny how from the back you always see these projectiles being launched from stollers!

Nikki said...

Ok I have not run with the stroller in forever(not built for running)...and I whine about it...but you? Your Busted ass girl!!

Great run!

How was your sub?

Unknown said...

Great job with the stroller run! Ahhh, the old "chuck and duck with the drink cup..." LOL. At least she owned it.

J~Mom said...

I am with Randy on your pace with the stroller. I average closer to 13 min/mil with the stroller. You are awesome!!

If I had a dollar for every lost sippy cup......