Saturday, July 5, 2008

I got...

...95 out of 100 on my first physio test!

Yay me!!!

*Back to add*

Today was a BUSY day! I mowed the lawn, used the weed-whacker, helped Tim cut down some willow branches hanging against the house, pulled weeds in the flower bed, went to the dump, washed both cars, took Kara out for ice cream, AND I managed to squeeze in a five-mile run in the evening!! Geez, no wonder I am tired now!

For this run (although it wasn't that long) I tried out the Jelly Belly Sport Beans that my sister-in-law Becky brought from Austin last month. (She is quickly becoming my running gear dealer, as she also brought me a Moving Comfort sports bra, which I LOVE!!!) She brought me three packs of the beans, and I tried the tropical punch flavor today. Of course, I didn't read the directions beforehand that said to take an entire pack 30 minutes before working out, then more while working out, followed by another pack after working out. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't read that until later, because there's no way in hell I would have spent my only three packs on one silly five-miler.

So I opted to try a couple beans at the three-mile mark of this run. First, these things beat the hell out of Gu in the taste department. And I like the consistency a lot more than Gu, too. I will admit I felt a little guilty because I was basically eating candy while I was running. Talk about counter-productive.

About a minute after eating one Sport Bean and taking some water, I noticed just how sweet they were. They sweet aftertaste lingered for a very long time, but I was OK with that. I didn't really notice if I felt more perky after eating it, but I probably didn't eat enough of them at once for a big difference. And I certainly have to keep them away from the kiddos, because they're basically just a shot of sugar mingled with a corn syrup chaser (I read the ingredients after my run and was disappointed to realize sugar was the main ingredient). Oh well.

I don't think I'll totally ditch the Gu, as I feel it works well for me (after I manage to choke it down). But I think I'll keep some Sport Beans on hand, too.

Too bad I can't figure out how to eat a turkey sandwich while running. ;-)

I still have to do some homework, but I might just do it tomorrow.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 57:56
Pace: 11:23 minute/mile

4 comments:

Sonia said...

woohoo! the strike continues =)

Caren said...

Congratulations! Nice work Michelle.

Mary Gee said...

I haven't tried the beans - I love the gu.

Erin Leigh said...

Way to get a lot done in one day!!!

I haven't tried any of this stuff yet. Hopefully soon I will get running far enough to start trying it all out.

Great work on your test!!!