Thursday, July 31, 2008

More, please

Today's run was a good one. I hit the track with Tim and kids in tow for a short run. I hadn't run in more than a week, and the last ones I did bit the big one. So it was nice to actually feel good about a run when it was over. I think Garmin really has bit the dust (need to send him away to get fixed), so I don't know how fast it was, but it felt faster than the past few I had.

Tim and the kids played while I ran. Then we all practiced walking and running backwards for a lap. There's a guy who runs the Trinidad to Clam Beach Run backwards every year, so I just had to try it. It was fun! And I could tell it worked my muscles differently. Tim ran a little, too. I'm proud of him. He's been doing the One Hundred Push Up Challenge with me, and I think that has inspired him to start working out a little more.

I am still thinking about doing the Wildwood Days Run on Saturday. There are two distances: two and seven miles. I am seriously considering the seven-miler, as it would give me a reason to run that distance. If left to my own devices, I don't know if I'd do it. But I really need to start doing distances again, since my next HM is just a few months away.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: two miles

2 comments:

Becky said...

Are you talking about Carlos - the guy who works at HSU and runs backwards all the time?

Running Jen said...

Glad you had a good run. What did you decide about the race?