Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today was better

I did a two-fer workout today, and it was MUCH better than Tuesday's fiasco.

I started on the elliptical and then went out for a run.

I think part of my problem is that somewhere along the way I stopped pushing myself. Now it's to the point that my running times are getting slower because I had stopped making myself run as far as I had been. I am sure that is because I had an injury and then some illnesses on top of that. I plan on correcting it.

I don't think I will be doing that race this weekend. The air quality is questionable and I don't think I am mentally prepared for a seven-mile race right now. I could still change my mind, but I am leaning toward no.

Today's stats:

Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes

Followed by a run:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 36:10
Pace: 11:09 minute/mile

2 comments:

Sonia said...

The triathlete calls this brick workouts. I know what you mean about getting slower, in my case it'S related to injury and weight gain... yet it still sucks to be slower than you know what you can do!

J~Mom said...

Glad you had a good day!!