Monday, July 28, 2008

Ouch, my back!

A few days ago I started having bad pain between my shoulder blades. It felt like a pinched nerve, and got so bad that for a day I could barely move my head to either side, for if I did a shooting pain would run up my back.

I was still feeling bad today, so I paid my chiropractor a visit. He adjusted me (man, it felt so good and the popping sounds were ridiculous!) and sent me on my way. I have to go back on Wednesday, but I can already feel a difference.

In light of this, I have been taking a few days off from running. I decided tonight to take a couple more off because I think my back problem was making running miserable for me.

Despite that, I did manage Day 1 of Week 3 of the 100 Push Up Challenge. The number of push ups increased dramatically today over last week, and I can definitely feel the burn. I also did an easy workout on the elliptical.

Today's stats:
Day 1, Week 3 100 PUP:
Total push ups: 69

Elliptical:
Time: 30 minutes

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Glad he was able to help you.

Good work with the push-ups!!

Nancy said...

I'm seeing a chiro trend. Maybe I should join the frenzy. Just catching up -- you are ROCKING the school again!!! Good for you. Missed you!

Mendy said...

doing great on the PU challenge! I hope to really kick mine off after I wear off this sickness.

Probably good thing you took some time off of running to help your back.