Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wow, that totally sucked

Holy crap, tonight's run was awful.

There are several reasons for this:

1) The weather, part 1: It was hot and muggy as fark (my new non-swear swear word) here today. I waited until 7 p.m. to run, and it still kicked my ass. You know it's nasty out when you start sweating three steps into your run. Ugh, I want my typical 60-degree coastal July weather back!


2) The weather, part 2: The smoke from the bazillion fires burning in Northern California settled here today. It didn't smell overly smoky, but everywhere you turned the sky was a sickly shade of brown, and the sun was creepy orange. The air certainly did not feel fresh as I inhaled lungful after lungful of smoke. It felt suffocating.

3) My body: I woke up this morning with ANOTHER sore throat. I struggled through school with Ibuprofin and throat lozenges, then dosed up on DayQuil when I got home. I was definitely not feeling 100 percent yet I chose to run anyway. Yeah, that's bright.

So the run wasn't the best. But I trudged through and finished three miles. I hope the next run is better.

Today's stats:
Run:
Distance: three miles
Time: don't care to share -- pretty freakin' slow

2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Well you got out there. Sorry conditions are so crappy.

I think that 7.2 miler you mentioned sounds great, I mean unless it is all up hill or something ;)

Running Jen said...

Sorry to hear it wasn't a great run - the next one will be better!